Things I have learned this weekPosted: January 21, 2012 Filed under: Uncategorized Leave a comment
1. While cats pretend not to understand human speech, they do apparently understand laughter. And when the kitty falls in the toilet, he does NOT appreciate the humor of the situation.
2. Snickerdoodles made with butter rather than margarine or butter-flavored Crisco have about a two-hour shelf life before they get hard and dry.
3. Strawberry Go-Gurt, even the kind with Phineas and Ferb on the package, doesn’t come out of fake fur without a trip to the cleaners.
4. If you take care of your colleagues, eventually even the most oblivious member of the crew will throw you back an opportunity. 🙂
5. I will not be allowed to bring rollerblades to work, despite the presence of a new self-propelled vacuum.
6. Men in their twenties can’t tell when a cookie sucks.
7. My grandma doesn’t know a Bluetooth when she sees it.
8. Cops go easier on a woman when she cries a little.
All in all, an eventful week. Here’s hoping the next is a bit smoother.
An unexpected inspirationPosted: January 18, 2012 Filed under: Uncategorized Leave a comment
Of late, my friends, family, and associates have been thoroughly spoiled by my baking obsession. In the past month, there have been brownies, chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, triple chocolate cookies with white and dark chocolate chips, snickerdoodles, and my ultimate cheat code, Mama Stephy’s Red Velvet Cupcakes, complete with cream cheese icing and red sugar sprinkles on top. Their reaction got me thinking, “I could totally do this.” I mean, I love to bake, and everyone likes sweets, right? What I’m thinking of doing is getting a table at the farmers’ market in the spring, just for some extra income. Gods know I could use a little more incoming cash than I’ve got!